Saturday, November 10, 2012

STUDIO DRAWING - Vine, Willow and Chunck Charcoal, oh and don't forget the shammy

Only about a month into the school semester did I feel the need to create an art blog for myself. [I finally feel like I've settled into RISD] I do plan on creating a RISD Portfolio for myself later on but it would be nice if I could have a place to post my wips, sketches and smaller creations - a casual blog.


It's my first time working with charcoal and I have to say that I'm still not getting the hang of it. The vine and willow sticks break very easily under the pressure of my hand since I tend to have a heavy hand when I work with mediums like conte and graphite. I hope I'm improving.

This was the first in class exercise that I did in Ellie's class.
eucalyptus/rose cone seed pod - four studies- charcoal - 18 x 24

Exploring "mark making"



No comments:

Post a Comment